Throw a trash downstairs and forget to bring the key, accidentally closed the door when we went out to get the newspaper, Once the power was off in the corridor and we couldn’t insert the key into the keyhole for a long time. Many people have encountered these embarrassing little things in daily life. But with the development of smart home life, the popularity of smart home can reduce these problems. So how do we DIY our own smart home?
Part 1 – Smart Lighting
The simple way to realize intelligent lighting is to replace the traditional wall switch with an intelligent switch, so as to achieve the purpose of controlling the lights in the home through networking.
- Switch back box reserved for neutral. The normal switch panel has only live wires and no neutral wires. If an intelligent switch is installed, try to let electricians wear the neutral wires. With smart devices, the stability of the neutral line is higher.
- Non-metallic back box. The metal back box may shield the signal. Try not to use a shallow box with a depth of 6 cm or more.
- It is recommended to leave the lamp with a slot. After leaving the lamp band slot, you can install the color tone lamp, the color tone lamp can change colors with music or TV.
- Install induction light. After the sensor lights in the toilet, aisle, and cabinet are installed, there is no need to manually switch on and off. It is more intelligent through automatic induction switch.
Part 2 – Smart Curtain
Smart curtains open intelligent home life scenes. The curtains can be automatically opened and closed according to different situations.
If you want to experience the magic of smart curtains, you can add a five-hole socket to the head of the curtain rail during decoration. The minimum width of a single curtain curtain box (ceiling) curtain box should be 10cm, double layer should be 15cm, the double-layer plate on the top of the curtain box needs to be reinforced to prevent noise.
In addition, if you want to install a smart window and automatically open and close the window according to the indoor and outdoor air quality, you can reserve a socket on the window first.
Part 3 – Smart Toilet
Smart toilets are becoming more widely accepted and more and more popular. It needs to pay attention to these small issues during installation. Reserve a five-hole socket, requiring waterproof, splash-proof, and ground wire. A 5cm diameter ventilation duct is reserved for the toilet to deodorize. Of course, you can also choose to install a smart toilet lid.
What are the precautions for installing the smart toilet lid?
- First, the installation size. Different brands of smart toilet covers have certain requirements on the size of the toilet. The distance between the mounting hole on the toilet and the seat ring is generally less than 7cm. At the same time, the distance between the two mounting holes should be about 15cm. Therefore, when choosing a toilet cover, be sure to choose a toilet cover with the same brand as the toilet, and pay attention to the model size matching.
- Second, the installation must be debugged. After the toilet lid is installed, we need to carry out water and power debugging. This is a point that cannot be ignored.
Part 4 – Smart Security
In addition to installing security sensors and alarms at the entrance and in the kitchen and bathroom, small video surveillance equipment can also be installed indoors, which can be installed in children’s rooms and directly opposite the gate. Just leave the power socket where you need it. Be careful not to backlight.
Part 5 – Dishwasher
Depending on the installation method, the dishwasher is divided into desktop, built-in and sink integrated. Home use is more desktop and embedded. If you plan to install a dishwasher before renovation, it is best to choose a built-in, and design cabinets according to the size of the dishwasher. If you find that you really need a dishwasher after renovation, you can only choose a desktop. Regardless of desktop or embedded, when renovating water and electricity, you must reserve water inlets, drains and power outlets for dishwashers.
From the perspective of washing capacity, there are 6 sets, 8 sets, 9 sets, 10 sets, and 13 sets of dishwashers. Six sets of dishwashers can meet the basic needs of a family of three, and eight sets are the choice for most families. Of course, the specifications of 13 sets have the function of washing the pot ~
In a rational evaluation, dishwashers are not circulated as “high prices and low energy.” As a representative product of consumption upgrade, it liberates your personal time and lets you free up your hands to do more meaningful things.
Part 6 – Smart Air Conditioner
Air conditioning is always necessary to have a home with the right temperature. In the intelligent era, air conditioners not only have to meet basic temperature control needs, but also need to implement various new technologies to make modern people’s lives more convenient.
“Smart” is the function of automatic identification, automatic adjustment, and automatic control. The intelligent air-conditioning system can analyze and judge the signals sent by the temperature, humidity, and air cleanness sensors installed in the house according to the external climate conditions according to the preset indicators, and automatically turn on the cooling, heating, dehumidification, and air purification in a timely manner. And other functions. The temperature was just right when we got home, and it couldn’t be better!
Part 7 – Can Smart Home Be Installed in Already Renovated Houses
Smart home systems can also be upgraded for already renovated houses, because a variety of wireless control products have appeared on the market and can be integrated into the home environment without wiring. However, there are two important issues to be aware of when selecting such smart home products.
- Compatibility. What is compatible? In addition to being compatible with other brands and other types of smart products, it must also be compatible with the original non-smart home appliances.
- Stability. If you have found a smart product with strong compatibility, congratulations, you have already taken a big step towards real smart life. However, it is also important to pay attention to the stability of the product. Because various wireless protocols have their own limitations, wireless products are more prone to instability than wiring products.
Part 8 – How to Choose Smart Home Products
1. Determine Your Functional Requirements
- Security protection: monitoring, alarm, access control, etc.
- Entertainment and leisure: background music, home theater, video sharing, etc.
- Energy saving and environmental protection: lighting curtain control, HVAC control, induction control, etc.
- Convenient and efficient: centralized control, remote control, etc.
2. Determine Your Budget Positioning
3. Select the Right Service Provider
Make sure that the personnel installed onsite have the installation qualifications and can be proficient in various home improvement techniques to minimize wear and tear. At the same time, it would be better if the service provider could provide after-sales maintenance services.
4. Check Product Systems
Check whether the system is stable, the functions are integrated, the system is simple, the system is suitable, and the system is expandable and self-protective.
How about it? Do you think the smart home is pretty good? These home appliances can really improve the quality of life. We hope everyone’s life will be better and better.